IPB Style© Fisana

Jump to content


weird flashing in forum


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 HT1

HT1

    Officer Cadet

  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:09 AM

i'm getting some weird behavior from the forum in my rss reader when opening the links from the rss, it loads the page structure fine but the images all flash and disapear until all images are loaded. never seen this before.

#2 AK - 47

AK - 47

    Marshal

  • Administrators
  • 83,474 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Country:
  • Favorite celebs Cyrus, Gomez, Johansson, Hudgens, Rihanna, Perry, Momsen, Kunis, Panettiere, Giovanni

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:27 AM

View PostHT1, on 12 April 2011 - 02:09 AM, said:

i'm getting some weird behavior from the forum in my rss reader when opening the links from the rss, it loads the page structure fine but the images all flash and disapear until all images are loaded. never seen this before.
I, too, had ever seen ....

#3 HT1

HT1

    Officer Cadet

  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:22 AM

View PostAK - 47, on 12 April 2011 - 09:27 AM, said:

I, too, had ever seen ....
the weird thing is it happens in only 1 forum, photoshoots but not in candids.  i haven't see other forums from this server in the rss yet so i can't tell yet.

#4 HT1

HT1

    Officer Cadet

  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:11 PM

View PostHT1, on 13 April 2011 - 12:22 AM, said:

the weird thing is it happens in only 1 forum, photoshoots but not in candids.  i haven't see other forums from this server in the rss yet so i can't tell yet.

actually it happens in all forums and i think its because of the word underlining function, that turns words green, its buggy and not all browsers and by extension rss readers handle it the same.

#5 HT1

HT1

    Officer Cadet

  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:44 AM

View PostHT1, on 17 April 2011 - 07:11 PM, said:

actually it happens in all forums and i think its because of the word underlining function, that turns words green, its buggy and not all browsers and by extension rss readers handle it the same.
i noticed something strange, when a new post by ak-47 in a forum this weird flashing doesn't happen. but anybody else it does. wonder why. hope someone can figure it out.

#6 HT1

HT1

    Officer Cadet

  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:57 AM

Somethings i've observed:

i noticed in the rss reader the flashing occurs when there's downloading of page content, like if it has 12 items left (not just thumbnails but the header, smileys, banner, ads etc) it flashes 12 times when they appear.

At the very end the thumbnails disappear and don't always reapear. or sometimes until nearly one minute later.

My rss reader version is the latest, but might there be an update for the forum software ?

i think i'll start looking for another rssreader but that's not gonna be quickly done. i've got years of stuff with this one.

cheers

#7 AK - 47

AK - 47

    Marshal

  • Administrators
  • 83,474 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Country:
  • Favorite celebs Cyrus, Gomez, Johansson, Hudgens, Rihanna, Perry, Momsen, Kunis, Panettiere, Giovanni

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:44 AM

View PostHT1, on 23 April 2011 - 06:57 AM, said:

Somethings i've observed:

i noticed in the rss reader the flashing occurs when there's downloading of page content, like if it has 12 items left (not just thumbnails but the header, smileys, banner, ads etc) it flashes 12 times when they appear.

At the very end the thumbnails disappear and don't always reapear. or sometimes until nearly one minute later.

My rss reader version is the latest, but might there be an update for the forum software ?

i think i'll start looking for another rssreader but that's not gonna be quickly done. i've got years of stuff with this one.

cheers
Exactly - change RSS machine. And the best just go to the forum and leave your nice message.

#8 HT1

HT1

    Officer Cadet

  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:45 PM

View PostAK - 47, on 24 April 2011 - 06:44 AM, said:

Exactly - change RSS machine. And the best just go to the forum and leave your nice message.

not necessarily so, let's try to fix this plz ? if it happens in 1 rssreader it can happen in all others.

Question: why aren't your posts ak-47 (like newbie Betis) also don't flash, but others are?

there might be a clue there.

i noticed some new posters like Betis, their posts don't flash in the rss reader but others like gungal07, randall, etc are doing something that might be causing this?
could it be just them pasting wrong info that trips the script or just too much info for the script to handle. Or it might be something totaly different than script problem.

Can we try this: the top posters like randall, gungal07 and others change the way they post? Like post only images and links to donwload, no other info to see if that does something. Could the "extra" textual information about video formats be causing this?

but i also wonder if newbs don't flash, then new accounts could solve the problem? its logicall.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Яндекс.Метрика